Two race meetings a week with a fair proportion of top to medium class quality racing. Prize money at a level that can attract decent foreign competition. A population that supports and benefits significantly from the sport. What more could a racing enthusiast want?
Extensive free coverage on the HKJC website including
- Detail horse analysis
- Declarations up to three days before the race meeting
- Quality race by race analysis (Racing to Win TV recordings)
- Body weight declarations
- World class trainers and jockeys
- Results including full and sectional race times for each horse
- Race replay videos including patrol report analysis and aerial simulation.
- Statistical information for Jockeys, Trainers, RaceTime, Barrier Draws
- World class racecourse facilities at minimal entance cost.
- Racecourse drainage is so good that there is very rarely any variation on good ground, even after monsoon rainfall.
- Racehorses are usually geldings, so they won’t be packed off to stud as soon as the win a couple of Top Class races
- Extensive video replays of barrier trials and training gallops
Quite simply the best quality racing administration in the World.
I have been a fan of Hong Kong racing since my first trip in year 2000. I only wish that I had started going there before that time. Great country and great racing.
This website provides a different view of the Hong Kong race meetings. I have no interest in dirt racing (referred to as “all weather” racing in HK) so have excluded all such races. It is a not for profit website as it is for my own benefit as much as anybody else who finds the content of interest. My analysis includes computer generated statistics from a database of results going back 10 years. The website is constantly evolving. Selections are generally based on generated Speed Ratings.
I hope that the content provides an interesting alternative. At the very least.